|My client is looking to fill the role of a Site Maintenance Operative within a new engineering services business, providing maintenance and engineering support to large scale aggregate processing sites across the South Wales area.
The ideal applicant will need to have knowledge and experience of working within the heavy plant industry and/or engineering sectors such as steel making, coal and ideally aggregate production.
The role includes but is not exhaustive to the following:
• On-Site Fixed Plant Maintenance
• Emergency & Out of Hours Breakdown & Repairs Service
• Holiday Period Cover and 24/7 Call out Retainer Service
• Implement & Control Preventative Maintenance Schedules
• Completion of Remedial Actions associated with structural and health & safety inspections
• Off-Site Fabrications & Tendered Project Works
• On-Site Installation Works
• Specialist Confined Space Access & Working
• PICS / Avetta accredited management / maintenance service.
• To work with both site and company management in a professional and efficient manner
• To ensure all equipment is used correctly and is in a safe working condition
• Effective communication skills with colleagues and clients
• Look to continuously develop your own skillset and knowledge
• Working knowledge of aggregate processing plant such as belt conveyors, crushers, screens and pumping systems.
• Trade skills in welding (MMA) and steel fabrication works, as well as gas cutting equipment and a good understanding and knowledge of mechanical systems.
• The operative needs to have a good understanding and positive attitude to health & safety procedures and requirements
• MPQC Site Safety Passport
• City & Guilds Medium Risk Confined Space Access and Working
• IPAF Mobile Elevated Working Platform Operator Licence
• IOSH Working Safely certification
• Welding Certification to BS Standards
• Abrasive Wheel Usage
• Slinging & banksman
• Working at Height and use of Harness Competencies
• Safe use of Oxy/Propane equipment.
• Manual Handling
• First Aid
• Face Fit Tested for 3M FFP3 RPE
• Training and skills development
• Opportunities to progress
• Access to a fully equipped and funded site vehicle
• Annual medical
• Fully funded mobile phone
If this sounds like a new opportunity for you then call KIRK on 01291 435440 or 07872 479630
Mando Solutions operates as an employment business