Operative (FLT Driver)
This job description defines the overall purpose of the job, the key tasks and end results required to fulfil the purpose of the role. This job description is subject to periodic revision, following discussion with the post holder.
Mando Solutions are currently recruiting for a Forklift Driver on behalf of a leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete and aggregate products to the
• Operation of mobile plant (Loading Shovel, Articulated Dump Truck) safely and efficiently carrying out daily safety checks
• Operation of fixed production plant
• Dispatching and controlling the quality of product
• Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping keeping areas clean, tidy and hazard free
• Deal with all daily issues professionally and liaise with site management on a regular basis
• To carry out the daily plant inspections and where a problem exists notify management immediately
• Be responsible for the plant assets that are entrusted to you i.e. materials, plant buildings, and equipment and stores used therein and efficient employment of them.
• To contribute the effective and efficient operation of all plant operations from the primary stockpile onwards
• To react promptly and effectively to site breakdowns by liaising with maintenance and assisting where needed.
• To monitor and ensure that all production data, plant stoppages, breakdowns, and logs are documented correctly.
• To inspect, carry out and ensure that plant routines are regularly adhered to and that the cleanliness of the plant mechanism, plant area, adjacent buildings, and equipment are at all times properly and regularly inspected, cleaned in accordance with site instructions.
• To carry out other reasonable tasks within the scope of your operation and abilities as and when required.
• A highly motivated individual with drive and enthusiasm
• Ability to work as part of a 24 hour, 7 day a week operation as required.
• We are looking for a highly motivated General Operative with drive and enthusiasm to work as part of a team, being part of a 24 hour, 7 day a week operation.
• Excellent communication and team working skills
• Good organisational skills
• Ability to work to deadline
• Previous experience within a similar industry
If you’re interested in this role, please call us on 01291 435440.
Mando Solutions operates as an employment business.